Sunday, February 20, 2011

Almost time.

Christmas was a toned-down affair at our house this year, at least in terms of gift giving.  Drinking, eating, and general revelry was a different thing altogether.  As my final gift, my mother gave me an amaryllis bulb with a note which said her big present to me would be her visit in March.  The note also said it would take 8 - 9 weeks for the bulb to bloom, the same amount of time until she'd arrive in Rwanda.  Clearly, I'm a little too excited about her visit, because it bloomed early!  Mom and her sister, my Aunt Joan, arrive in exactly two weeks.  I can't wait; it's going to be so much fun!
Almost six years ago, in 2005 when I landed in Kigali for the first time, I would have never, ever guessed that I'd keep coming back to this wonderful country, and that one day I'd get to show it to the people I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment