Thursday, August 26, 2010

At least people will know why they're diving for cover on the road.

Although I technically work at the District Pharmacy in Burera, we spend a lot of time at the District Hospital, which is supported by the very famous health organization Partners in Health.  They have enough staff working here to justify putting in their own cell tower to supply "high speed" internet to the area immediately surrounding the hospital.

Every time I walk through the parking lot, I can't help but smile at the ambulance parked there.  At first glance, it looks like a regular ambulance/EMS vehicle.  But if you pause long enough to read what's written on the side, my guess is you'll end up chuckling as well.


That's 19 letters, my friend, in case you didn't count already. Imbangukiragutabara.  It apparently translates as "someone who responds quickly to a call for help."  I really love the fact that they didn't just slap "Ambulance" on the side, but instead took the time to make sure the vehicle would make sense to people.  Although, as fast as it must travel down the road, I'm not sure bystanders have a chance of actually reading to the end of word before the car is already long gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment