Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Beauty in the breakdown.

These photos were all taken a few days after I got back from the States at a health center where I do supervision visits at the pharmacy.  I didn't take any pictures of the health center itself - it's so small and in such a state of disrepair that I didn't want people to think I was rudely documenting their poverty.  As a reference, the post-delivery recovery room is a shed with a tarp for a roof, the stock pharmacy is located in a closet, and I found mouse poop covering the distribution pharmacy because they don't have anywhere else to store the grain they give away in the malnutrition program.  What struck me most was finding such beauty in a place of desperate need and privation.

Mordor or Heaven?




For Mom.  She knows why.




      








1 comment: